Microlinks... what's the fuss?
In so many different occasions, clients have come into the salon and asked ""Microlink's", what is that exactly?"
What is "Microlink's"?
Microlink's are beads that link the hair to extensions. The method performed at Simplyslayed Hair Studio requires the natural hair to be crocheted through weft of an extension. At that point, the microlink is attached to the natural hair to keep the weft in place. The best part is that this method is good for most hair types and extremely versatile.
The microlink extension method is nothing shy of amazing. This install is perfect for individuals looking to wear their natural hair with an extra boost of length or volume. It also gives the natural hair a break from other protective styles like braids and sew ins. If you are considering having this method performed, it is important to understand what comes along with it.
- natural hair will get a break from other potentially harmful protective styles
- natural looking
- less tension
- can blend very nicely with extensions if correct texture is installed
- natural hair is exposed and is susceptible to damage if not cared for properly
- requires routine maintenance
- may not be as full as a traditional sew in based on natural hair density
- can be more costly than other extension installs
Hopefully this post was helpful. For more microlink before and after's, visit @simplyslayed_ on instagram. If you have questions, feel free to ask questions in the comments!